June 2018 catalogs are now available for download from 2020.net. Internal users can also find the catalog update files in folder T:\2020 Catalogs. Notable updates:
New pricing effective July 2, 2018 is added in Price Zone 1. Current pricing (12/18/2017-7/1/2018) is now Zone 2.
Narrate stacking connector and trim generation is improved for commonly used hi-lo configurations, generating connectors for some connections which have previously required manual placement. (Note the required data file correction below, which is necessary to avoid incorrect connector generation.) In particular, hi-lo connections between panels with and without stacking frames are addressed, along with trim generation at connections between 3.5 High panels and other heights.
To avoid incorrect Narrate connector generation in CAP when using June catalogs, you should replace data files KLY.DB and KLY.MDB with updated versions, available here. Old versions of these files were inadvertently included in the June catalog disk and download, causing incorrect connectors and trims to generate at many hi-lo connections. These updated KLY.DB and KLY.MDB files, dated 5/21/2018, are required to correct the current automation.
This issue exists with the current June catalog download file, as well as with the June DVD which will be received this week:
Download the zipfile containing the updated files from the link above, and then copy its contents (not the zipfile itself) to folder C:\ProgramData\CAP\Content\KIM, overwriting the existing KLY.DB and KLY.MDB. This issue will be corrected in a Post-June catalog download available from 2020.net later this month.
2020 Software 2018 (version 18.00) has been released. The software disk should be included in this month’s catalog mailing, and is available now for download from 2020.net, as are May Kimball catalogs.
These updates are included:
- Previously noted issues with Narrate Y connector generation and electrical jumper type are resolved in May catalogs.
- Standard connectors are no longer generated adjacent to Narrate hinged doors in version 18.00. Until hinged door connector and hi-lo trim automation is added in the near future, a red circle error with the message “Invalid connector at door” will be displayed, as a prompt to manually place a hinged door connector. The connection is not actually invalid, but requires manual symbol placement for now. Symbols for hinged door connectors (and their associated hi-lo trims), which are described on page 3.16 of the Panel Systems price list, are located under Doors in the table of contents.
2020 CAP users should be aware of these current automation issues:
- On some machines, selecting Narrate 8-wire electrical autohardware incorrectly generates 10-wire jumper cables, and fails to automatically option 10-wire electrical type. A correction for this issue is expected in the 2020 Software 2018 disk (version 18.00) which will be published later this month.
To correct the problem immediately, copy the contents of this file (not the zipfile itself, but the EACoreModule files within it) to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\2020\CAP Studio, overwriting existing files dated 5/4/2017 with this version dated 8/10/2017.
I previously distributed these files last August along with a group of updated Narrate connector autohardware files, and the issue should not affect machines which were updated at that time. Kimball internal users are not affected.
- Xsite hinged door frames incorrectly render in 2020 Visual Impression at 68” above the floor. The elevation also incorrectly displays the hinged door top cap at 68” height. Currently, there is no practical workaround for this issue, though rendering an exploded 3D model rather than a 2D layout displays the door at the correct height. The bug was inadvertently introduced in the February 2018 2020 Software 13.30 update. A bugfix has been requested from 2020, but we do not yet have an anticipated date for the correction.
- In a Narrate elevation where multiple wide double-sided glass tiles appear at stacking height, red-X errors are displayed in the back elevation. If top cap is directly above the glass tiles, then the issue is purely cosmetic, and you can turn off layer NarrateTile to correct it. However, if the glass tiles appear iith other tiles above them, then back-face Traxx also fail to generate above the erroring tiles and must be added in the specification. A correction is planned for the August 2020 Software 18.10 quarterly update.
- Narrate 5 High fabric L/T/V connectors without wireway cover, which are not valid models, incorrectly do not display a red-circle error when they fail to generate. When generating 5 High fabric connectors, Wireway Cover must be selected in the Autohardware Options window. A correction is planned for the August 2020 Software 18.10 update.
- As noted in the April 20 blog post, Narrate Y connectors currently fail to generate without displaying a red-circle error. The correction for this issue should be published this month.
Currently in 2020 CAP, autohardware fails to generate Narrate base-height Y connectors. This issue can easily be overlooked, since no red-circle error is displayed and the panel run ends almost entirely overlay the connector location. Corrected automation files will be published in the May 2018 2020 catalog update.
The issue can be corrected immediately by manually copying the four files contained in this zipfile to Kimball catalog folder C:\ProgramData\CAP\Content\KIM.
Alterna, modular caseworks, has launched! Etool symbols and pricing are now available in Etools and ready for you to specify! Alterna, mainly comprised of worksurfaces and cabinets, is easier to specify than a casegoods product.
Here’s a few things to note in the January release:
• Alterna is located in the KHC Kimball Healthcare catalog.
• For CET users, standard symbols are located in the Catalog Browser. Automation development is underway to provide intelligence for the symbols.
• Worksurfaces have a selection of “finished” or “unfinished” edge. On laminate surfaces, there should be no upcharge for “finished” edges; on solid surfaces, the upcharge should be only $25 list per edge.
• The worksurfaces feature a sink option which will default to the center of the surface.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Product Application Specialist.
The 2020 catalog DVD mailing which was received last week, marked December 2017, includes incorrect pricing. If you install catalogs from a disk set rather than from a download file, you should replace the bad November 21 2017 pricing files with the corrected December 04 2017 versions.
This zipfile contains the corrected CAT pricing files. After you install the monthly catalog update from the December 2017 DVD set, copy the zipfile’s contents (the 22 individual CAT files, not the zipfile itself) to folder C:\ProgramData\CAP\Content\KIM, overwriting the bad November 21 CAT files with the good December 04 versions.
This is only necessary if you install catalogs from the DVD set, not from the downloadable DSAZIP catalog install file available on 2020.net. If you prefer to install Kimball catalogs from the downloadable file instead of the DVDs but aren’t registered on 2020.net, you can also get it here.
The December catalog update for CAP, Giza, and Worksheet is now posted on the 2020.net download page. This update introduces 12/18/17 pricing.
Kimball internal users can find files CAP_KIM 1217.dsazip, GIZA_KIM 1217.dsazip, and WS_KIM 1217.dsazip in network folder T:\2020 Catalogs.
As of today, the 2020.net download page caption incorrectly reads “November 2017 DVD”, but the files at the download links are actually December 2017 data, with updated pricing in zone 1.
These price zones are now in effect: