Kimball Office will introduce the Narrate panel system in June 2017. Although KLY Narrate pricing appears in May data on most software platforms, orders will not be accepted until June.
This is a reminder that today we kick off web conferences on the launch of the Kimball Office extension within CET Designer. If you have not had a chance to register, grab your spot. Below are some quick points regarding the launch. Q&A will be posted next week based on feedback from these conversations.
- The Kimball Office extension on CET Designer will launch Monday, November 21st
- A next steps email will be provided after registration of the Kimball Office extension to include training
- Overview web conferences are available with Configura to assist you in getting started. There is no cost in attending.
- Kimball Office will absorb the cost of the extension for the first year
- CET Designer updates are available within the Kimball Office Briefcase. Join!
If you can find Shelly Lehner, Product Application Program Manager for Kimball Office in this image, a fun prize pack will be sent to your inbox. No, Kimball Office employees are eligible. This image was taken from the 2016 CET User Conference in Grand Rapids, MI.
*It appears that Shelly was an easy find. Thank you Jake Westerheide at Innovative Office Solutions for finding her. The answer is below.
Kimball Office is very excited to announce the launch of the Kimball Office Extension on CET Designer. In making the transition to this new and exciting specification tool there are probably a few questions that need to be answered. We are hosting a series of web conferences to provide an overview of the project as well as plenty of time for general Q&A. Topics during the call will include program development, demo, investment, training and support. Dates are posted for our dealer partners as well as future dates for a monthly program review. We encourage you to register as slots may fill up quickly.
* You must be logged into kimballoffice.com to register
We are extremely excited in anticipation of the Kimball Office CET Designer Extension. While we are moving at a progressive pace, the catalog will not be ready as originally anticipated for a 9/12 launch date. We are doing our utmost to ensure the launch plan has been carefully planned, reviewed and tested so that the extension (catalog) is accurate at launch. We will be sending formal communication once the Kimball Office Extension is available.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions in working with this platform. Additional questions or comments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted within the blog.
What does CET stand for? Configura Extension Technology
How will Kimball Office catalogs updates occur? Updates will occur once a month similar to other specification programs. CET Designer will prompt the user upon opening the application that an update is available. Simply select to update in the background while working in an existing proejct. There will be more frequent updates between monthly updates based on product introductions, corrections and enhancements.
Will the Kimball Extension have all the Kimball catalogs, KSP (Service Parts), KLD (Discontinued) or will I need to purchase something else? All catalogs will be supported in the Kimball Office and Project Matrix extension however automation will develop gradually. Xsite will be the first product series automated. The development of our second product series, Footprint has already begun.
Does CET support SIF content? Yes.
Will Kimball Office still be available within other specification tools? Yes. There is no plan to discontinue data from other sales/ specification programs.
Are there any known compatibility issues with a DBOS program? Example: Team Design, e-manage, Hedberg. No. The same SIF data that is used to build Kimball Office catalog data is transferred into the DBOS and the Kimball Office order entry system.
What are the benefits of using CET? CET mimics a contemporary drawing environment in that it uses parametric data. Kimball Office adopted the CET drawing platform for the following reasons.
- Catalog publication can occur as needed. We can reduce a 45 day publication date to on demand based on when updates are required.
- Single tool with multiple extensions for support. The CET application provides one solution for drawing, specification, bill of materials and rendering for a singular cost. Discounts on the software application are provide based on the number of licenses purchased.
- Drawing platform works with AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp.
- Rendering is included as part of the software application, not an additional cost. Quality of rendering includes high-quality, videos, 3D PDF and virtual reality.
- Ability to create a visual of custom product.
- Competitors moving to software application.
- Drawing efficiency is increased based on automation within the Kimball Office extension. Designer/ Specifier work from a visual menu.
- Training is self-paced with modules that are on demand via the web and face-to-face.
- Customer support is responsive based on options for web chat, phone or email.
- CET is actively looking for enhancements. Technology demands within parallel industries are driving change and CET is adopting measures to remain competitive and relevant. Software updates occur twice a year. The CET User Conference offers opportunity to network and learn more about the program, while receiving CEU credits.
Xsede Undersurface Support Leg
Thank you Lori for the notification. You may be looking for model #45F0227USP. Use quick search in CAP for locating however it will be moving. Currently you will find this item under Structure/ T-Legs/ Undersurface Support. Stay tuned for the new location in an upcoming release.
Xsede Tech Tray Surface Brackets
An additional note of Single or Dual-Sided Tech Tray Surface Brackets has been added to the description in CAP. This additional detail to the description should appear shortly.
Priority Snap Point
When working with Kimball Office product having your snap point set on node is critical for the placement of content. Have you run into a node that was missing? Thank you Adam for noting model # 53KE2472CRFW6 is missing an important SNAP point to attach it to the bridge. Let us know if there is anything you find so it can be corrected.
New York Specification Training
Kimball Office Specification Training is coming to the New York Showroom the week of March 9th. Your trainer for the session will be Elizabeth Ford. She is a creative, problem solving mastermind at Kimball Office product. You will notice below that we have restructured the sessions based on product application. All sessions include discussion on product details and production in CAP. We will provide laptops, light breakfast and lunch. If the session times or location pose a challenge to your dealers, let’s schedule a web conference to support specific products or general Q&A.
- WebEx is the service used for registration. These are face-to-face sessions.
- The participants must register online as spots are first come, first served.
Tuesday, March 10th at 9AM – Benching Open Plan Application and Planning
We will review, Hum, Priority and Xsede
Wednesday, March 11th at 9AM – Horizontal Systems Application and Planning
We will review, Traxx, Xsite and Footprint
Thursday, March 12th
We will review, Cetra and Interworks EQ
*The participant does not need to attend this session if they attended on Tuesday.
Xsede Legacy Drawings
Do you have a drawing that you did in the previous Xsede automation that now needs to be revised? Know with the previous automation it is still valid however going forward you will want to remember to place your legs in plan view. How might you stumble on this content… remember on kimballoffice.com we have an array of typical content that can be used as thought starters.
Xsede Automation Error – Call for drawings
An error has been reported that leg duplication has been occurring when it is selected for legs to be shown in elevation. This error has not been duplicated in testing. If this error has occurred, please send for review. We are seeking a correction once identified. The behavior has a leg associated with the elevation and another in the general BOM. If you select the legs with the end trim, it will not add the end trim.
P103 Product as Resource and Application
A common question is where do you start to learn product and software application. Easy answer, P103. This session is geared towards dealer designers who need more information on Kimball Office products as it related to specification. The 3 day session in Jasper, IN offers hands on experience with products and software. The next session is April 28th-30th. Register today!
Calling All Typicals!
Do you have an application that you are drawing over and over? Do you have an application that just seems to be so common we need to add to our website? Maybe you have a unique solution that has assisted a specific win. Share you best practices as a DWG file and we will add to the website/ KITS. You just might get a shout out & a surprise. A little featured self-promotion is never a bad thing.
* Since publication, this typical has been removed from our typical library. Why is this application not recommended? The line you see on the right is a significant gap between tiles. It is not a desired aesthetic. Another issue is related to the lower tile being used in under surface applications only.
No Peeping! Xsede Privacy
If you create an application where the frameless resin is used on the length of the worksurface, you might wonder what can happen on the left and right to create additional visual privacy from your peeping neighbors. Try the Priority worksurface attachment brackets since both screens are 1/4″ thick. Also think about the set-on-surface for not defacing surfaces.
Xsede Accessory Rail Power Kit
When considering the application below, how do you account for the power kit? If the power kit is the same as the accessory rail, would it not interfere with the cabinet of a pedestal or overhead under the worksurface. The original design intent of the product was to place these planning requirements on a return however is it possible on a primary surface? The simple answer is yes. Subtract 18″ from the surface width to figure the width if the tech tray/ power kit. How did we come up with 18″?
15″ (storage) +3″ (leg)=18″