CAP automation for KLY Narrate will be released in the Summer 2017 2020 quarterly software update, version 13.10, which will be published this month. I’ll advise when that’s available for download.
Currently, elevation automation is complete, and connector/electrical/bracket automation is in the initial round of testing. We’re trying to figure out why connectors work for the 2020 software developers but not for me.
For Pairings End-Of-Run Laminate and Upholstered divider walls in the current KL1, A/B attachment point tagging is incorrectly reversed between left and right hand models. Both the tag position and the tag A/B text are reversed, and both Straight EOR and 90 Degree EOR types are affected. Only Upholstered and Laminate EOR divider wall symbols are affected; In-Line, L, and T divider wall symbols are correct, as are all Solid Surface EOR divider walls.
The bug was originally described a few months ago in this post. Solid Surface divider wall symbols were corrected at that time, but Upholstered and Laminate symbols were overlooked.
These models are affected:
KO catalogs for May are available on 2020.net. For internal users, the updated files are also available in network folder T:\2020 Catalogs. Notable updates:
- Lusso, Perch and Theo are added to KL1, but no symbols are present, just pricing. Generic AutoCAD 2D3D DWGs for these items are now downloadable from the KO website, but note that those don’t count in a CAP BOM.
- KLY Narrate prerelease catalog is published, but don’t use it, per Alibia’s post from the other day; the pricing isn’t final. Some Narrate mounting brackets also appear in KL8. I’ll have more to say about Narrate next month, after the product is introduced.
- Some Priority items have weight and volume data added in KLB.
- Rendering texture mapping in Visual Impression isn’t working for several catalogs, requiring manual finish bitmap application. KL1 Seating is failing for me. I was told KL8 Footprint texture mapping was broken, but a worksurface I tested was mapping properly. Also, KLU Perks, KHC Healthcare, KLL Learning are definitely affected. Workaround is to copy the desired finish bitmaps from Visual Materials to the symbol layers listed in Materials/Advanced. This will be fixed in June catalogs.
- Package quantities are corrected on some Poly and Flip multi-chair models, so that one symbol now correctly counts as quantity 0.5, 0.25, or 0.2 in the BOM rather than as quantity 1. Items affected: Poly K95BRCH (set of 5 chairs); Flip K76xMUx2XA, K76xMUx2F, K76xMUx2XAF (set of 2 chairs); K76xMUx4XA, K76xMUx4F, K76xMUx4XAF (set of 4 chairs).
- Pairings privacy screen lounge 3D symbols incorrectly have the same layer on all faces of the screens, so that selecting different interior, exterior, and boxing fabrics doesn’t show up properly in a rendered view.
- Pairings inline tables have incorrect graphics, with Bullet and Wedge types being reversed, per my post last week.
- Power/data centers KCE4124PD and KCE4164PD have incorrect graphics. Correct generic AutoCAD 2D3D DWGs are downloadable from the KO website.
- Priority bookcases 53K3067BCOSSFL,W 3D width corrected.
- Dock rectangular conference table bases (EX: 74K2428R) have incorrect 3D side panel heights and some missing geometry.
- In KHC, Sycamore chairs K68G1, K68P1 and their arm cap subtypes have revised 2D and 3D symbols, correcting width and depth.
- Priority 53K9638HBHL, 53K9638HBHW: Corrected 2D and 3D symbols to show single-piece construction rather than 2-piece.
In the current KL1 Seating catalog, Pairings inline Wedge and Bullet tables have incorrect graphics and descriptions, and are incorrectly classified in the table of contents menu.
The symbols for Wedge and Bullet tables are reversed, so that Wedge models K8245xx have Bullet symbols and Bullet models K8215xx have Wedge symbols. The symbol placement menu is also incorrect; Wedge models are classified as Crescent, and Bullet models are classified as Wedge.
Descriptions for these models are also incorrect.
If you’re using these, it’s probably best to place the shape you need and then change the model number in Worksheet.
I think these should be corrected in July catalogs, though I don’t have confirmation.
These models are affected: Continue reading
Kimball Office will introduce the Narrate panel system in June 2017. Although KLY Narrate pricing appears in May data on most software platforms, orders will not be accepted until June.
KO catalogs for March are available on 2020.net. CAP and Worksheet catalogs are also downloadable from my cloud storage. Internal users should download from the links above; network folder T:\2020 Catalogs will no longer be used. (I’ll also be adding download links for the most recent software disk file and quarterly update patch to the blog homepage soon, eliminating folder T:\2020 Software.)
From a quick comparison of the catalog data files to last month’s, I’m not seeing any significant new product introductions this month. I don’t think there are any newly published bugfixes, though I did see new weight and volume information on some items in several catalogs.
In the current KL1 Seating catalog, a number of Flip models have incorrect package quantities, so that each symbol is counted as quantity 1 rather than 0.5 or 0.25. The descriptions for these models correctly state QTY2 or QTY4, but the quantity adjustment which should be applied to a Worksheet BOM fails. Double-check your line item quantities when using Flip chairs in a design, and manually correct quantities where needed.
The correction will be published in May catalogs.